Stremio is a modern media center that's a one-stop solution for your video entertainment. It features an add-on system that is responsible for all of the available content.
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how Stremio add-ons work and how to build one yourself using our Add-on SDK. This will allow you to add your favorite content to Stremio!
There are plenty of reasons to create your own add-on, including but not limited to:
- You want your favorite content in Stremio;
- You want a fun weekend project to enhance your coding skills with;
- You are running a video entertainment service and want to promote it in Stremio;
- You are participating in a Stremio Add-on competition, etc.
To build an add-on using our SDK, you only need:
- A recent version of NodeJS (which you can download from their website)
Video tutorials and other guides
There are also video tutorials on our YouTube channel.
If you want to learn how to build an add-on in any programming language, check out our universal guide.
There are also quick examples (with step-by-step tutorials) for Python, Ruby, NodeJS Express and others here.